Wednesday, June 09, 2010
It's a Guy's Life!
In a sermon about the family called “Looking Back on Things That Matter,” which aired last February as part of the Family Matters series, Chuck read a list of great reasons for being a man. Here is a sample of that list. And speaking as a woman, I think you guys are fantastic. Enjoy.
Great Things about Being a Man
- You don’t have to go to the bathroom with a support group.
- Whole conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
- You know stuff about tanks.
- You can kill your own food.
- Wedding plans take care of themselves.
- You can quietly enjoy a car ride from the passenger seat.
- You don’t have to clean up your apartment just because the meter reader is coming.
- You can watch TV for hours with your buddy and never wonder if he’s mad at you.
- Your underwear is $10.00 for a three-pack.
- Gray hair and wrinkles only add character.
- You can stop by your buddy’s house without having to bring a little gift.
- If another guy shows up at the party wearing the same suit, you might become lifelong friends.
- You seldom have strap problems in public.
- Your belly usually covers your hips.
- One outfit, one wallet, one pair of shoes, one color for all seasons
- A few belches are expected and tolerated.
- You can do your nails with a pocket knife.
- You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
- Christmas shopping for 25 relatives can be accomplished at the same store in 45 minutes.